Translate

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Orange you Glad it's Independence Day?

My dear readers,

I hope that you all had a safe and extraordinary Fourth of July, wether you celebrate America's Independence or not! I was on the road again, fortunately just a mere six hour trip this time. One of my best friends, Winter Avery (check out her Instagram here!) invited me on a seven day vacation to Murrel's Inlet, South Carolina. We arrived at the resort in the late afternoon and unpacked; during which I noticed a red Jeep with a skeliton and parrot cover on their spare tire and a license plate that read "Pirate Life" (which I didn't get to photograph, my apologies). 

Our "room" is like a fancy apartment, which I will show you more of throughout the week. The bathtubs are gigantic, and Winter's and my bedroom has a beautiful view of a vast Golf course where a flock of Geese were grazing. 

I'm extremely excited to visit the beach, swim at the pool by moonlight and stay up late blogging about all of it! 

Winter and I spent a great deal of time honking at these beautiful birds, which eventually brought them closer to our window. 
These impressively folded towels just took my breath away. 
Our gargantuan bathtub. 
I swear this wallpaper looks more lifelike than the fake plant in the living room! 
Winter being photogenic and off gaurd;
Winter realizing she'd had her photo taken. 
Winter and her brother, Pheonix, playing Checkers. 
Winter realizing that I was mid-photo-shoot. 
The dock at Murrel's Inlet, aglow with Christmas lights. 
One of the many large firecrackers that were set off. 
The gigantic orange moon celebrating with us, whose unreal splendor my simple camera could not handle. 

Yours, 

           Madeline

(P.S.) 
I finished Fault in Our Stars by John Green in the car; which is just started the night before. All I can say is that this book wrenched my heart out placed it where my throat should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment